We are excited to announce that effective 7/19, we will be allowing TWO people (including a child) per appt to accompany their pets for doctor appts and emergencies only.
- Curbside check in continues for all appts. Please call when you arrive for instruction for if/when to enter the building.
- The lobby will remain closed to waiting clients. Please remain outside or in your assigned exam room unless directed elsewhere.
- All clients & staff must wear a mask and maintain social distancing where possible, regardless of vaccine status. Please respect this decision. If you choose not to wear a mask, we are happy to provide curbside services. If you have been sick in the past 2 wks, please request curbside.
- For annual exams, new patients & surgery patients – please complete the electronic history form at least 24hr prior to your visit. This will allow more time to discuss your pet’s health with the doctor and make your pet’s check-in to the hospital more efficient.
- Unless we ask, please allow our staff members to handle your pets without your assistance.
- Only 2 pet parents (including child) may enter. If you have more than 1 child with you, we are happy to provide curbside care. Any child that enters must remain near you and cannot wander around.
- For doctor appts, your pet will join our team in the treatment area for the exam, vaccines, tests and treatments while you wait in the exam room. The doctor will come speak with you in the exam room about your pet’s health. Collecting meds and paying for services will occur at the front desk or in the exam room.
- If you choose curbside care for an appt, you must remain in the parking lot. A boarding fee may be applied if you leave without permission.
- Clients here for a tech appt, medication/food drop-offs and pet sample drop-offs will be directed as to when you may enter the building.
- Patients being admitted for surgery or urgent care, and discharged with instructions and meds, will be directed when to enter the building.
- Telemedicine appts are available for a fee, by phone/email, when you cannot bring your pet to the hospital. This applies to photos and videos sent to for a doctor’s assessment & consultation. There is not a fee if our certified techs are able to address your concerns.
- Please cancel/reschedule with notice so other patients can be seen. There is a long line of pets waiting for medical care.
- If you No Call/No Show for an appt, you may be asked to pay a $50 non-refundable deposit to schedule future appts. Not giving notice takes time away from another pet in need of medical care.
- We do our best to accommodate late arrivals. But if more than half your appt time has passed before you arrive, the doctor may need to call you at a later time or we may need to reschedule.
- Use our PetDesk App, email or text for non-urgent needs. Please allow 1-2 days for medication refills & non-urgent questions. Plan ahead and remember that any prescription needed from an outside pharmacy will need a written We are happy to mail it after doctor approval.
- We have continued to experience belligerent people with unrealistic demands. We share the frustration that we can’t always see your pet right away, can’t return your call sooner, are limited to admitting patients because our kennels are full, and can’t answer the phones right away. The veterinary industry has been overwhelmed with the number of new pets adopted in the past year and our team is caring for as many pets that each day will allow. Please understand that calling multiple times a day, swearing at our team members and other negative behavior will not change these challenges and you will be asked to seek veterinary care elsewhere.
Thank you all for sticking with us through all the chaos in the world and being patient with us through this process. We know that you have a choice in where to rely on your pet staying happy and healthy. Thank you for choosing Perryville Pet Hospital.
The Perryville Pet Hospital Team