There is nothing worse than seeing your pet in pain, and it can leave you feeling heartbroken and hopeless. The team at Perryville Pet Hospital knows that sometimes alternative treatment is necessary to help your pet feel their best. While pain medications can provide some temporary relief, they can also cause a number of side effects. This is why we offer Therapeutic Class IV Laser treatment to our pets.
What is it?
Therapy lasers use light energy to open the blood vessels and activate the lymphatic drainage system to reduce inflammation and pain and promote healing. Laser therapy promotes tissue healing by releasing endorphins, increasing blood flow to tissues, activating cells needed for tissue repair, and increasing cell division. It can be beneficial for a number of conditions, including:
- Sprains and strains
- Surgical incisions
- Dental procedures
- Degenerative joint disease
- Anal gland impaction
Why we love this treatment:
- Therapeutic Laser is a completely non-invasive, pain-free treatment for your pet. (It is currently used in human medicine, especially among athletes).
- We have helped many of our senior patients with arthritis to have a better quality of life through improved mobilization.
- Soft tissue injuries to muscle or tendons have also been successfully treated with the laser.
- It has also proven very effective to aid in the healing process of various skin wounds, abrasions, “hot spots” and inflammatory conditions.
- We also use this on incisions after a surgical procedure to assist the healing tissue.
Do you think laser therapy could benefit your pet? Contact us today to schedule a consultation or exam.